Monday, September 10, 2007

My Pop and Mother Phillips


Last year when my uncle Edgar Swint died, our family gathered around the toomstone of our grandparents. My Pop Phillips worked for the Southern Railroad for over 40 years as did my dad. When my grandfather died, the grandsons were pallbearers. During the service, a train came by the funeral home. As the train passed, all in attendance heard the train come by and go into the distance. It was a fitting end for a railroad man. I can still hear that train and remember the faint sound as the service continued. Our family had many happy times at our grandparents house. We learned to fish, catch rabbits, play basketball, and roam the woods near Rome, GA. My Grandmother used to fry rabbit and chicken for breakfast and make her famous cathead biscuits.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home